Visa and travel
Visa to Russia
Citizens of most countries need a visa to enter the Russian Federation.
We strongly recommend that you apply for the Russian visa no later than 2-3 months before the event!
For most EU participants (with the exception of United Kingdom) and some other countries University can issue a free visa invitation:
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Hungary, Germany, Greece, Denmark, Spain, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Netherlands, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Finland, France, Croatia, Check Republic, Sweden, Estonia and China.
This visa invitation is necessary to get a Russian visa in Russian consulates in your countries (along with a set of other documents. Please, check the relevant information at web-sites of Russian consulates in your city http://www.russianconsulates.com/).
In order to obtain a visa support letter from UNECON please send us (e-mail) as quickly as possible the following data:
- Copy of your passport (PDF or JPEG)
- Copy of your previous Russian visas (if you have one)
- The following pre-filled questionnaire:
- Last name (as in passport):
- First name (as in passport):
- Middle name (if you have one, as in passport):
- Gender (male/female):
- Place where you are going to apply for the Russian visa (country, city, where the Russian consulate is located)
- Date of arrival to the Russian Federation (dd.mm.yyyy):
- Date of departure from the Russian Federation (dd.mm.yyyy):
- Place of birth (country, city):
- Place of residence (country, city):
- Place of stay in St. Petersburg (address) :
- Place of work/study
- Length of service :
- Your e-mail:
Citizens of the CIS (Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan) don’t need a visa.
Citizens of USA, Canada, Great Britain, Ireland, Japan are recommended to apply for a tourist visa (purpose – business tourism, World Congress of Accounting Historians in St. Petersburg):
Tourist visa is a document which allows foreign citizens to travel on the territory of Russia during a short period. Visa is issued based on a supporting invitation letter issued by a tourist company that hosts the foreign citizen.
Official travel partner of WCAH2020 is Lora Travel Company. Participants may require the visa support letter either from LoraTravel or other convenient operator >>.
To apply for a Russian visa it is necessary to provide a full package of documents (including a visa invitation letter) to the consular office of Russia and pay the visa application fee. The package of documents might differ depending on a consular office. However, tourist visa application, original passport and photos are a universal requirement.
Before you apply, contact the Consulate to confirm the original tourist visa invitation is absolutely necessary or a copy will be sufficient. Be prepared that the Consulate officials may ask you to provide medical insurance for the entire duration of the trip to Russia, acquired at a local or national insurance company.
Depending on the Consulate, your tourist visa application can take 1-2 weeks to process. Based on a personal decision of Consul, visa can be granted in 1-2 days.
To enter the Russian Federation every foreign citizen shall have:
• Valid Russian Entry Visa
• Valid passport for entry to the Russian Federation (the expiry date must exceed the planned date of your departure from Russia by 6 months);
• Migration card. You’ll be provided with this form in the airplane or at the airport. Please fill it in and keep with you during your stay in Russia. You will need it upon arrival and departure at the customs.
Your passport and Entry Visa will be checked and verified by a Passport Control Officer upon arrival and departure, at the hotel, when purchasing tickets and when traveling by train, ship, airplane or local/international carriers.
Looking forward to meeting you soon in Saint Petersburg!