Visa and travel
Visa to Russia
Citizens of most countries need a visa to enter the Russian Federation.
We strongly recommend that you apply for the Russian visa no later than 2-3 months before the event!
Free humanitarian visa for EU participants (EU only, with the exception of United Kingdom):
All conference participants from European Union countries have a possibility to apply for a free humanitarian single entry visa based on a special visa support letter from Saint Petersburg State University of Economics (UNECON).
|Step 1:||An invitation letter from UNECON
In order to obtain a visa support letter from UNECON please send us (e-mail) as quickly as possible the following data :
1. Copy of your passport (PDF or JPEG)
2. Copy of your previous Russian visas (if you have one)
3. The following pre-filled questionnaire:
• Last name (as in passport):
• First name (as in passport):
• Middle name (if you have one, as in passport):
• Gender (male/female):
• Place where you are going to apply for the Russian visa (country, city, where the Russian consulate is located)
• Date of arrival to the Russian Federation (dd.mm.yyyy):
• Date of departure from the Russian Federation (dd.mm.yyyy):
• Place of birth (country, city):
• Place of residence (country, city):
• Place of stay in St. Petersburg (address) :
• Place of work/study
- Length of service :
• Your e-mail:
4. Address where we should send the original invitation.
The purpose of your visit will be formulated as "scientific relations - participation in the 15th World Congress of Accounting Historians 2020". Type of requested visa is single-entry HUMANITARIAN visa. St. Petersburg will be indicated as a city you are planning to visit within this trip (if necessary let us know about your plans to visit other cities).
When your invitation is issued and your registration is completed we will send you an electronic copy by email. Since consulates from some countries require an original paper, we can also send it by a regular post on request.
|Step 2:||Online or in person visa application
The participant will then be able to apply for visa online or in person at the Russian Consulate using this visa support letter together with other required documents (i.e. hotel reservation confirmation) .
Online registration is available at the official web-site of Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation https://visa.kdmid.ru/PetitionChoice.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1
Russian consulates around the world http://www.russianconsulates.com/
Visa and Passport Requirements
To enter the Russian Federation every foreign citizen shall have:
• Valid Russian Entry Visa
• Valid passport for entry to the Russian Federation (the expiry date must exceed the planned date of your departure from Russia by 6 months);
• Migration card. You’ll be provided with this form in the airplane or at the airport. Please fill it in and keep with you during your stay in Russia. You will need it upon arrival and departure at the customs.
Your passport and Entry Visa will be checked and verified by a Passport Control Officer upon arrival and departure, at the hotel, when purchasing tickets and when traveling by train, ship, airplane or local/international carriers.
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR AMERICAN CITIZENS
Russian Consulates work with applicants in person and by prior appointment only. That means an applicant should fill out an application form (https://visa.kdmid.ru/PetitionChoice.aspx), print it, make an appointment (e.g. http://washington.kdmid.ru/queue-en/) and appear in person in order to submit the documents.
If you do not wish to apply personally you may apply for a visa through American visa center ILS, they work by mail and without scheduled appointment http://www.ils-usa.com
Looking forward to meeting you soon in Saint Petersburg!